Friday, August 1, 2008

the price of gas

"Marty '82" 8x10 oil
My dear husband has wanted a motorcycle for a looooong time. I just love him too much to want him to have one: I have seen and heard of too many accidents involving motorcycles. I don't want to risk it. I tell him to please wait until he older and we no longer have a family to raise before he gets a motorcycle. And he loves me enough to not get a motorcycle
Well with gas prices the way they are now my man has come up with a new argument: It will save money. He wanted to get a motor scooter to ride to work, he won't ride it on the interstate so it is safer than a motorbike and it'll get lots better gas mileage. I'm not convinced we will actually save very much money by spending $1,500 on a scooter but he really wanted one and he said he won't get one without my "blessing." I'm not that motivated by money I value my husband much more than MPG. I do feel bad asking him not to do something he really wants to do, actually he knows he can talk me into anything.
So we went out and got a shiny new motor scooter for his birthday. Along with 2 helmets so he can take a passenger.
Vroom...vroom......

1 comment:

Angel said...

No way -- you actually got one??? Wow. The boys must love it! Is Marty in heaven?