Sunday, March 27, 2011

more Jimmy seizure updates.

Well the epilepsy surgery board doctors met they decided that Jimmy did look like a promising candidate for seizure remediation surgery. They sent us off to have more testing done. We did a long day of Neuropsychology testing and they wanted some visual field testing, both doctors had cancellations so we got the tests done right away. Unfortunately, the epilepsy surgery board won't meet again until the first week in June, me and Jimmy will be there to discuss things further with them. They are talking about a two part surgery where they open his skull and lay a "mesh" on his brain to see exactly what parts of his brain do what, they will leave it there for approximately a week and then if everything looks good they will go back in and remove the places that the seizures are coming from.