Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Dreaded "School shopping"


It is that time again, time to go school shopping. School starts next Monday and I can't put it off any longer. I hate school shopping, I really don't like spending money but that's not all, the money isn't the worst part, the worst part is shopping with my boys. Have you ever taken four boys to buy CLOTHES? It is like pulling teeth, only not as pleasant; when you go to the dentist at least you get Novocaine. Last year I tried to get it all done at once, all four boys in the store together trying to get them to try on clothes and not play games, fight or escape. It didn't work very well, I had boys shopping in the children's dept, men's dept, shoes, and electronics dept. (I had to keep chasing them out of the electronics dept.) I think my headache lasted for a month.


So this year I plan to take a day for each child. I can see us having an enjoyable day together, I'll stop and buy them lunch and spend quality time with each boy and they would enjoy shopping for clothes with me.


yeah, right.

2 comments:

martysjotd said...

You should have your husband help out and take them shopping for some stuff at least. Wait... didn't he just buy #3 boy shoes last night? (Grin)

Angel said...

Ug. I don't look forward to the day that I have to take the kids clothes shopping with me. I can still buy them all clothes according to their size and I don't have to worry about anything fitting (except I have to have Nathan try on pants).

Good luck!!!