Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Full of hot air


My husband wanted to go to the "Sandy Balloon Festival" Friday. We got there early so we could see the balloons inflate. We took your youngest boy, Jimmy, the only one who wanted to wake up that early. We got to the park to watch the balloons inflate. Where Marty quickly found a balloon pilot who needed help. He had fun helping, unfortunately the winds kicked up just as the balloons were getting inflated so they never got off the ground. However Marty had by this time volunteered to help with the balloons on Saturday morning as well. It was lots of fun.
So when we got there Saturday morning (this time with all 4 boys) and helped set up the balloon again. Only this time the pilot asked Marty to be a passenger in the balloon and me and the boys got recruited for the "chase team"
We also went and helped out Saturday night at the "glow" but unfortunately the weather was not co-operating again. Now Marty is saying he wants to buy a balloon . Friday when My husband asked it I wanted to go to to a balloon festival I never imagined that I would be part of a balloon chase team and discussing buying a balloon... I 'm still deciding if it was a good decision to go.
My boys did learn that good things can happen when you volunteer to help someone.
We are going to another balloon festival this weekend.

2 comments:

martysjotd said...

That is so awesome! Your husband looks like quite the studman. You are so lucky!

Tell him to go to http://www.kissesoffire.com/
It has lots of balloons for sale!

Angel said...

How cool! Seriously? You got to ride??? I am SOOOOO jealous. It must have been amazing!