Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm wierd

Beehive Hairdo 2.5"x 3.5" trading card Watercolor

I was taking my two teenage sons to a game the other night and it was a little chilly out. I went to the closet to get a jacket or sweater and instead put on my fluffy pink polka dotted robe because, hey, it's warm and fluffy. As I was driving the boys I said "I hope I don't have to get out of the car because I'm wearing a bathrobe over my clothes, people might think I'm a little weird". Both my boy simultaneously burst out laughing. When I asked them what was so funny I was told that if I didn't want people to think is was "weird" the bathrobe was the least of my worries.


Other things my kids have said that leads me to believe that they think I am a little different......


My oldest boy told me when I came to teach art in his school "I like it when you come to school... then everyone can see just how strange my life really is."


My 16 year old said as I worried I might embarrass him at school "Mom don't worry, I just tell my friends you're an artist and they understand"


When I was on a Jr. High School field trip another kid asked my son "Is she really your mom?"


And I thought teenagers were strange.......



No comments: