Saturday, February 7, 2009

Getting chickens

My husband has decided we need chickens. I'm not sure why.. does he want fresh eggs? ...more pets? ... possibly he thinks he does not have enough to do. So after listening to him tell of all the benefits of having chickens and knowing I never could say no to the man. I said yeah, lets get 3 or 4 chickens. I also told him I was not going to be responsible for them, well see how long that lasts. So last Saturday I came home to find *surprise* we had 5 fluffy yellow baby chicks and 5 fluffy black baby chicks. I am not mad or anything, that is just how my dear Hubby is, he gets excited about something and tends to go overboard. And besides I'm not going to be the one taking care of them, right? Unfortunately one of the little yellow chicks died. My hubby decided to replace it and came home with 3 more chicks, now we have an even dozen. The neighbors will be so excited. Lets see, chickens lay an egg a day, that is seven dozen eggs a week. Does anyone want a dozen eggs?

This morning he said "I think we may have too many chickens"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we'll take some of those-there eggs. Nice of you to pay for shipping!

Angel said...

Seriously? I remember when we had two when I was young. They didn't last two long -- the neighborhood cats liked to chase after them.

Good luck!

Frieda Loves Bread said...

Wow...you can be like Martha Stewart...fresh eggs in all sorts of colors! My hubby's a builder...he's trying to convince me to let him build a brick oven in the back yard!