Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sick again

Well we've done it again!

It started with Jimmy He has had a really yucky runny nose for about two weeks now. I was worried that because of his congestion they would not be able to do his MRI next week because he needs sedation. Then I started to feel really sick Friday evening, it was a real familiar sick feeling, nausea, really sore throat, fever, aches, I knew what I had STREP THROAT AGAIN! So Jimmy and I went to the insta-care (boy did they name that wrong) and 1.5 hours later we saw the doctor. They weren't used to children like Jimmy there I'm sure. He sat right down and started putting the blood pressure cuff on and asked if he could take his own temperature. It is kind of funny how this 6 year old just takes over a doctors office.

First the nurse looked in my throat and took a throat culture. She then asked Jimmy if he had a sore throat or if his head hurt. Jimmy of course said no. I told her that I thought Jimmy did have a sore throat because of how he was acting but he will never tell us when he is in pain. So would she please check him. She looked at me rolled her eyes and said she would take his word for it. When the doctor came in he asked Jimmy if he had a sore throat or if his head hurt, with the same answer and explanation from mom the doctor did look in Jimmy's throat and said it looked very sore. He pressed on Jimmy's forehead and decided that he had a headache. He then asked the nurse why she didn't do a strep test on Jimmy. Sometimes moms do know what they are talking about.

Well the doctor diagnosed Jimmy with a sinus infection and probably a strep throat and I definitely had a strep throat. Saturday evening son #2, Came down with Strep throat, Monday Son #1 and #3 were sick and today my hubby is complaining. We are all on antibiotics now. I still don't feel well but I am better than everyone else so guess who gets to play nurse to 5 people?

1 comment:

Angel said...

Ug. I am so sorry! It is so awful when the whole house gets sick. The kids can take a break and stay home from school, the hubby can take a day off work, but moms never get to take a sick day. I hope that you are all feeling better soon!!!