Thursday, February 28, 2008

Auction website contest: is ebay the best?



I have been thinking for sometime about how to earn some money for my favorite charitable organizations. Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. I have decided to combine a hobby with my desire to help. So I have started to make jewelry and knit scarves. The scarves I figure I can knit while in hospital waiting rooms, it is not something I really have to think about, and I won't feel like I am waisting all my time. I figure half of the money I make should go to these charities and the other half to buying more supplies to make more scarves and jewelry.

Well I have decided to combine the sell of jewelry with an "Auction Test" I made 3 of the same bracelets, This is unusual because I usually never do more than one of a design. I listed one bracelet on Ebay one on ArtAndCraftAuctions and one on Etsy. we'll see which one sells best.

Half of the money that the bracelet sells for(minimum of $5.00) will go to Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, the rest of the proceeds of the sell will go to buy supplies to make more bracelets.

Bid on a bracelet and let's see which auction website is best.
Esty
ArtAndCraftAuctions
Ebay
I'll let you know what happens next week.

No comments: