Thursday, February 7, 2008

What does a woman want for valentines day?

Red Rosebud 2.5x3.5 Mini watercolor

It is soon approaching... Valentines day. I bet my husband dreads Valentines day. I always tell my husband not to get me anything for valentines day, but he knows that is not true, I do want things for valentines day, but this is what I mean. don't get me the big three...

1. Flowers- I always feel somewhat guilty when I get this HUGE bouquet of red roses that my husband is apt to send me. Besides, roses die in a week. I just think of all the practical things that the money could have been spent on. I do love flowers though, but I am just as happy with a $5.00 bouquet from the grocery store as I am with the $50.00 bouquet from the florist.

2. Candy- *UGH* like I need more temptation. No candy please.

3. Jewelry- I really love pretty sparkly things I love to look at them but, I don't need any more jewelry. I don't even wear most of the jewelry that you have given me. *more guilt* So don't get me jewelry.

What do I want? I want to know that you love me and spent time and effort thinking of me, not that you spent lots of money on me. I would rather have a letter and a single rose from you than a huge bouquet of flowers delivered that you just called up and ordered. I would rather have a hundred little notes around the house than a box of Godiva chocolates. I would rather have a picnic dinner on a blanket in front of the fireplace than an expensive dinner in a fancy restaurant. I want to spend time with you and I want to know that you thought of me and love me. You can buy me stuff and take me to dinner, just make it very personal.

1 comment:

Angel said...

You said it perfectly...