Monday, July 21, 2008

The hospital bag....

I am at the hospital all day today, Jimmy is having his Neuropsychological assessment done, it usually lasts all day long. I am supposed to stick around in the hospital, it is going to be a long boring day. There is surprisingly little to do around here, I am prepared: I brought my "hospital bag" It is a bag full of stuff I may need at the hospital: snacks, a book or two, activities for me and Jimmy to do . I used to have a change of clothes in there just in case they kept Jimmy unexpectedly overnight. I don't have the clothes in there anymore, Jimmy is not "in treatment" so there is little chance of him being kept overnight. I pretty much keep my "hospital bag" packed all the time. I guess it is a remnant of the uncertain times when I never knew what the future would bring. It is just one more reminder that in the back of my mind things will never quite be "normal" for me again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melody,
Thank you for posting. I started reading your blog through Marty's, and after a while, started going to yours first. Good luck with Jimmy, I can't imagine what's it's like, I only know what I go through with my 8 year old every day. We have therapy 2x a week, and I used to have a therapy bag that would have what he needed for that hour, and something for me, if I wasn't watching or talking to other moms.
By the way, thanks for all the photos, your boys are absolutely adorable! Watching them over the years, and hearing all the adventure stories, I can say you've done a great job with them.
Now, can you get Marty to post again? It was fun for a while to get both sides of the same story. I know he's busy, but so are you, and you manage to get something out!
Thanks for the blog...
Jen Blow
Morrow, Ohio