Monday, May 19, 2008

What did we ever do without cell phones?

What did we ever do without cell phones?

My 10 year old wanted to ride his bike to the school and around the block and I almost didn't let him go because he wanted to ride alone and his brother was elsewhere with the cell phone that the boys share. *panic* How could I check on him? what if he needed me? I started thinking about what I did as a child. My mom used to let me ride my bike around and I just had to be home in time for dinner. Am I such a neurotic parent that I freak out when I know my kid will be out of contact for 30 minutes? YES! I decided that I needed to calm down, and give the poor kid a little freedom, so I told him to go ride his bike, just be home in time for dinner.

Oh, and I had him take him MY cell phone so I could call him....

No comments: