Tuesday, May 13, 2008

An angry 7 year old

"Willy" 2.5x3.5" Mini Watercolor and prismacolor pencil

I had my littlest son, 7 year old Jimmy, get mad at me the other day. He got mad at me for doing something I never expected anyone to get mad at me for.


Jimmy and his 10 year old brother, Randy were both quarreling and it was bedtime anyway so I sent them both to bed. I went in to tuck Jimmy in and kiss him goodnight when he said "I'm mad at you!" I thought he was angry at me for sending him to bed but, when I asked him why he was angry he replied "This is all your fault. Why did you have to have Randy?" Yes, that is right he was mad at me for giving birth to his older brother! I have done many wrong things that people could be angry about but, I have never had someone get mad at me for giving birth before. I did try to explain that I had to have son#3 before I could have son#4 it did not seem to placate him. I did get to go to bed with a good laugh though.

1 comment:

Angel said...

Super funny! Don't you love it when siblings fight over silly things they have no control over?