Monday, January 21, 2008

Sick, Sick, Sick

We are all sick, It seems we have been that way since my sisters visit the week after Christmas. First we had the stomach flu, it went through the whole family, one at a time, some of us had it for only a couple of days, others it lasted for a week. My dad has been feeling really weak and tired ever since the flu. we finally got him to go to the doctor and they took two weeks to figure out he has pneumonia (he looks like he has lost 20 lbs). For the last couple of weeks my 13 year-old had not been feeling well. He had cough and sore throat that he decided to share it with me. What seemed to be a mild cold when he had it (he never even had a fever) totally wiped me out for four days. I was unable to eat and had a high fever, I did not even get out of bed to cook dinner. I was really sure it was strep throat. We went to the Doctor and got strep tests the doctor gave us 2 days of antibiotics until we could get the results of the tests. After being on the antibiotics for a couple of days we were starting to feel better. Then the doctors office called to say the test was negative, so no more antibiotics. So I was feeling well for the last couple of days when yesterday I started up with the sore throat again. I think I really do have strep throat and with the antibiotics gone it has come back, I guess we will give it a few days and see.

No comments: