Monday, October 8, 2007

It's about time!

yeah yeah, I know I've been a slacker, I havent written for EVER. Sorry, but really I have a good excuse, or a good story anyway.

We went out of town in July to the middle of Wyoming to do a little handcart pioneer reinactment. We were having lots of fun camping in the dust and pulling handcarts in the 100 degree weather. When we got home there was a big surprise: the pipe under my kitchen sink had broken and it flooded my basement. My parents were checking on our house descovered the flooded home, they called a disaster cleanup company, and boy did they clean up. We came home to an extremely empty basement-the basement celing had fallen in, so there was no celing, all the carpeting was gone as well as some walls. Everything that was in our basement was now on our lawn, computers desks, all my art supplies, TV, all the clothes from the laundry room, everyting from the storage, furniture, etc. Because of this I was without a computer for about a month, and by the time I checked my website I foud that my domain name registration had expired and someone else had bought my domain name, so now I have a new studio, a new basement, and a new website: ArtistMelody.com

2 comments:

Angel said...

Yay -- it is good to see you posting again. I have been checking every few days...

Have you read mine lately?

Melody said...

Yes, I read your blog a lot more frequently than I write mine ;)