Wednesday, August 6, 2014

"Point Wilson Lighthouse" step by step 2

I really want the light from the lighthouse to pop so I wash the entire painting, except the light, with indigo. While I am at it I throw some pale shadows on the buildings. 
 I mask the buildings and I paint the sky and a few rocks. 
Here is where I see lots of  mistakes, I masked out the buildings when I painted in the sky, I shouldn't have done that, now the buildings are too light, also I used tape to mask out the buildings and some paint seeped under the tape and if that wasn't bad enough, I have a huge bloom in the sky. These problems would be a little easier to correct if I hadn't have used a highly staining color. now I don't know if I can save this painting. I'm not that far into it perhaps, I should just start over. 

No comments: