Thursday, August 14, 2014

" Point Wilson Lighthouse" Finished

Now the painting is getting really close to being finished. I paint all the little details that make it finished. Most detail belongs on the focal point, in this case the lighthouse. I very seldom paint the fine detail anywhere else but the focal point. 

 Now this is the painting after I mat it. See how much better it looks when that distracting bloom is cropped out of the sky. I matted it to 11" X14"
I am glad that I finished this painting, I'm happy that I didn't give up on it. Actually most paintings I paint at some point I look at and think "this is not going to turn out well, perhaps I should give up."  I am usually glad that I don't. The three reasons that I almost gave up on this painting were; the bloom in the sky, that really I fixed that with the mat. The buildings being too light, that was an easy fix. The worst thing was the blue blotches from the watercolor leaking through the tape when I masked the buildings. See for yourself... What do you think?


2 comments:

Trina said...

That is really pretty!

Shelley Whiting's art said...

I loved see the process of this work. It turn out very successful and beautiful.