Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My son gets the bird



My oldest son just "got the bird".


He has known since he was a little tike that he would not get his drivers licence until he got his Eagle Scout award. He is well past his 17th birthday, he has had his Eagle Scout project completed for over a year, he just had some forms to fill out and turn in.


He finally did it! he is, as of Sunday, an Eagle Scout.


He still does not have his drivers licence, it turns out that he does not want his drivers licence. He does not want to pay for gas and insurance. I informed him that as of June 1st I will not drive him around anymore. I understand how he feels. I never wanted a drivers licence either, my Dad had to trick me into getting my drivers licence. Nonetheless I am very proud to be an Eagle mom. I thought I might never be the mom of an Eagle Scout. Now I need one of those" proud mom of an Eagle Scout" bumper Stickers.


Now I need to get my 15 year old to "get a life"

3 comments:

Doug S said...

Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment. My wife's cousin made it to be an eagle scout. I was always quite impressed at what went into it.

Frieda Loves Bread said...

Congratulations! That is a great honor, for both him and his parents!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope to one doay look for that bumper sticker too! I think I'll rember the no liscense until ... bit. Maybe he'll work harder. Have a bit of tiem to wait though, we're only a Wolf scout.