Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jimmy's Baptism

Me and Jimmy

Jimmy got baptized on Saturday, he was so excited! His baptism was the day after his eighth birthday. I asked him if he was more excited for his baptism or his birthday; he said his baptism. I asked him why, after all he gets presents for his birthday, so why is he more excited for his baptism? He told me "A guy has a birthday every year but, you only get baptized once." he was so cute! I am so very glad he is still with us. 3 years ago we did not think he would make it. We are having his birthday party in a couple of days and he wants to invite the entire school , we'll see how it goes...

2 comments:

Angel said...

I am so proud of Jimmy and how grown up he is becoming. ARE you going to invite the whole school???

BTW, you look amazing -- your face looks so much thinner!

Frieda Loves Bread said...

Melody, beautiful picture! Congratulations to Jimmy on his decision to be baptized...what a milestone to celebrate!