Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Impossible Christmas gifts

"Poinsettia" 6"x6" watercolor on clayboard

I am siting here thinking about Christmas gifts. My kids never want normal easy-to-find Christmas gifts. One of them always asks for something weird or impossible to find. Some of the Christmas gifts my have kids wanted: laundry baskets and tin foil (he wanted to make a space ship), a potty trained talking pony (This was the year after he "found out" about Santa and I think he just wanted to see Santa say no), A million dollars (we told him that even Santa's elves would get thrown into jail for forgery) An actual real-life Pokemon character, (his cousin told him they existed).

This year My 16 year old wants a laptop, Yeah right, like we have that kind of money. My 11 year old wants an actual, real life sword, Santa told him NO. My 14 year old can't think of anything he wants, so we'll just surprise him. My 7 year old wanted a world war II army medic set, army medic bag and a medic helmet (they have to be camouflage with a white circle and red cross on it), I don't think they sell these at Toys-R-us. Good thing I can make these.

No comments: