Thursday, November 27, 2008

recovering from a siblings brain tumor

"No Smoking" 8x10" watercolor


Grades just came out for last quarter. I was so happy! My 16 year olds GPA is 3.75, which is remarkable because he is taking some very difficult classes; half of the classes he is taking he is getting college credit for, and my 14 year old got a perfect 4.0! I knew they were capable of getting good grades but they have been struggling. The last few years my 14 year old was just barely passing his classes. He would easily get "A"s on all the tests but, he was not doing any of the classwork or homework, it was like he was not even trying. My 16 year old went through that same thing but he got his act together last year. Their grades became a problem 3 years ago when Jimmy, their little brother , got diagnosed with a brain tumor. That year my boys went from near perfect grades to barely passing grades. My 16 year old told me at the time he felt like his school work did not matter, good grades were not going to make Jimmy better, nothing he could do would make Jimmy better. So, on top of the fact that my kids are getting good grades *yippee!* I am also celebrating another sign that my children are recovering from their brothers brain tumor.

No comments: