Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Costumes

For Halloween Jimmy (age 7) wanted to be a soldier, this is no surprise considering he is constantly pretending to be a soldier and fighting bad guys. (blog entry 2/25/08) He insists upon wearing camouflage everyday. I knew he would wear a soldier costume very often. I looked for a sturdy costume that could take a lot of wear and tear, be affordable and it had to be authentic looking, Jimmy is very detail oriented. I could not find one anywhere. So I made one: I found sturdy camouflage fabric at Wal-Mart for only $3 a yard and looked up photos of soldiers online and made this costume, I even made the hat! It took forever, I didn't use a pattern, I never have been good at following directions, If I had used a pattern it probably would have been easier and faster. It turned out cute and Jimmy loved it! Very good considering I haven't really ever made clothes before.



My 11 year old wanted to the Tooth fairy only with his own personal twist, He wore a tutu and wings and and carried a wand that was duct taped together. he had torn, dirty jeans and wore a stained pillow stuffed T- shirt that read "I'm the tooth fairy -'ya got a problem with that? this costume was all his idea, he enjoys being funny. It was easy, all I had to make was the tutu.


My 14 year old was a monk, He wore the robe I made for a "death" costume a few years ago with a big silver crucifix, a rope around his waist and sandals. He looked good.


My 16 year old went as a hippie: he had a long wig, a tie dye shirt, peace sign necklaces, and a fringed leather jacket.


My 14 year old decided he still wanted to do some trick-or-treating, but he did not think he should eat the candy, so he gave all the candy to his older brother who was at a party all night, I was proud of him, he has been dieting and this was all his idea to give the candy away.

No comments: