Monday, April 21, 2008

How to be happy

"Don't Be Such a Crab" mini watercolor ACEO 2.5"x3.5"
Do I want to be happy or not? Being happy is all in how I look at it:

I could go around angry that my little boy had a brain tumor and is blind and half bald. or I could be grateful that he is still alive.

I could be bitter that we have to spend at least $3,000 every year on medical bills for his MRIs and treatments for the next 11 years, or I could be grateful for the insurance to cover the rest of his medical bills.

I could be upset that I have to deal with the hassle of putting a hairpiece on my 7 year old everyday or I could be happy that he has a hairpiece to put on.

I could be frustrated by the mess that my kids leave all the time or I could be happy to have kids to leave a mess and a nice home for them to mess up.

I could be bitter or I can be happy It is MY choice. I have decided to be happy. Sometimes I just need a reminder.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I have always believed happiness is a choice. Sometimes it is easier to choose then other times, but ultimately it comes down to our attitude and the choice we make! I choose to be happy most days! But it is still a challenge, like this morning waking up and seeing the mess my 5 children have made and realizing I could mope about it and not want to deal with it, or be glad I have 5 kids to make the mess, because I could be waking up thinking how lonely and quiet it is!
I can tell you have a lot of courage keep it up!
Why don't you check out my blog! And leave a comment! I love making new friend!
www.allredyforthis.blogspot.com