Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Real Vision

I was driving home from an eye doctor appointment with Jim when he said "I'm glad I wasn't born blind because I learned lots of things when I could see that I never would have known if I were born blind"  Wow. I thought he couldn't remember what it was like to have "normal" vision.  It is amazing the things that Jim is grateful for. I have never heard him complain about his vision loss, most of the time he refuses to admit that he is "visually impaired" he will tell people that he doesn't see very well out of one eye (a vast understatement). I thought that he really believed he could see just fine because he didn't know what he was missing but, apparently he does remember what it was like when he could see and instead of being bitter that his vision is gone, he is grateful that he had good vision at one time. 

No comments: