Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'd rather wear a macaroni necklace than pearls

Fragrant Memory 8x10 watercolor

I'd rather wear a macaroni necklace than pearls. A woman who proudly wears a necklace made of macaroni makes a bold fashion statement, a macaroni necklace says a lot about a woman. It says I am a mother, a child loves me enough to make me this necklace themselves, and I love them enough to wear it. I have proudly worn macaroni necklaces more than once. My children are now past the macaroni necklace stage. They are doing that dreadful thing all children do, they are growing up. I do still get other beloved handmade gifts from my children, This Mothers day I got a home made story book and a flower pen, my oldest boys bought me wonderful gifts, and my mothers day breakfast in bed was actually delicious this year. I am enjoying my sons gifts but, I'll still look forward to the day when hopefully, I'll have the chance to wear a necklace made by a beloved grandchild. Until then I'll be a little envious of any woman I see wearing a multicolored macaroni necklace.

1 comment:

Robynn said...

Melody, it's Robynn, your old babysitter. I Loved your entry about Macaroni vs Pearls. You are such a darling mom. I'm so proud to know you and love you. Keep on doing the amazing job of being a mom you are. I share your love of Macaroni too and yes, being a grandma is the Best!
Sure love you sweetie,
Robynn Birks Thiot