Thursday, September 4, 2008

MRIs cause brain damage

I have decided that pediatric MRIs cause brain damage, not in the child receiving the MRI, but in the parent of the child receiving the MRI. It is that time again, and I thought I was going crazy, I couldn't concentrate, I didn't seem to be able to string two words together coherently.

I am so glad that his MRI is over now: Jimmy had a "stable" Mri-*WOO-HOO*. The most amazing thing happened: my 7 year old boy held absolutely still for over 40 min. and did this MRI without sedation! I was so impressed by that! especially when he still had to have an IV for contrast. He hates IVs and thought that if he went without sedation he might not have to have an IV. The whole without sedation thing was his idea and it really made things so much quicker and easier. I am so proud of him.

No comments: