Monday, November 12, 2007

You can have anything you want

Sailing 5"X7" watercolor

My husband took me to San Francisco a couple of months ago to visit some of his relatives. While we were there some of his cousins took us sailing on the bay. It was the highlight of the trip! It was so relaxing. I really needed the break. While we were sailing I took t little picture of a sailboat. I painted it last night.

While we were in San Francisco my husband, took me into a jewelery store and said "what do you want? I'll buy you anything you want." (he was either feeling really rich or he knows me too well) I looked around for a few minutes and told him I did not want anything. It's not that I don't like jewelery, I love it! I just at that I really didn't want anything more. I have all the important stuff in life and I am quite content with what I have. Sometimes possessions can seem like a burden. The gift he gave me is: now I have a real cool story I can brag about to my friends about what a cool husband I have.

Now if he had offered me art supplies.....

1 comment:

martysjotd said...

I seem to remember when we went to Chicago last week, ended up at Dick Blick, ("I could spend hours here") you said. I recall saying, "Anything you want... what can I buy you...?" You came up with the usual; Nothing. So, I make out to be the hero by offering you the world, and lucky because it doesn't cost me a cent!

Love,
Hubby.